Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Table for one...

You know those evenings when all of a sudden you have nothing to do! Every single person you have ever met in your entire life has plans... You end up ringing people you haven't seen in months, people you don't even really want to see, ANYONE – just so you can feel secure in the fact that you have a plan.

Then you make a point of telling people, even if they haven't asked - I'm going to X tonight with X... Just so everyone knows that you are actually busy... You have friends... You are popular!

I tried a few people and finally realised I was merely coming across as desperate, and my phone bill was going through the roof, and it was time I faced up to the fact that I am going to be alone tonight. All alone. And this is going to happen many times in my life. And the more I thought about it the happier I felt... – I can get what I want for dinner, at whatever time I want, and go to bed when I feel like it, and watch what I want on TV. After much deliberation I have decided to get me one of my favourite salads from Newport Deli (to treat myself after a hugely strenuous gym session) and then pop to Waterfront to see Burlesque, which I've heard is simply awesome, fun, loud and energetic, especially if dancing gives you reason to live, like myself!

So that's my plan. I'm a loner. But I'm gonna do it in style...

No comments:

Post a Comment