Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Every now and then the girls that I do modern dancing with and I organise (well in advance) a Mexican evening. It's quite an anticipated event and tonight's promises to be a real winner. So I paid a visit to the party shop during my lunch break today, and returned to my car half an hour later sporting a new sambrero and carrying a bottle of pink champagne (Tequila on a school night? You've got to be kidding). I decided to leave the poncho. It seemed a bit much.

The weekend's coming, the weather looks great and the beach beckons. Going to try get me a little tan before my lovely lovely boyfriend returns home. So I'll be leaving the sambrero at home then... It also works well as a small laundry basket.

In the spirit of Mexico, I thought I'd leave you with some excellently witty Mexican jokes. Oh, and if you're looking for a great Mexican in Cape Town (a restaurant, not a person. I don't know any Mexican people in Cape Town) try the new El Burro in Greenpoint, Fat Cactus on Park Rd (always a good choice), or my personal favourite – the vibey unparalleled awesomeness of Buena Vista (they even offer beginner's salsa classes for the uncoordinated).

Ariba!

How many Mexicans does it take to screw in a light bulb? Juan

Why can't Mexicans be firemen? They can't tell the difference between jose and hose b

What do you call 4 Mexicans in quicksand? Cuatro Cinco

What do you call a Mexican with a rubber toe? Roberto

Why did the Mexican push his wife off a cliff? Tequila! 

Why aren't there any Mexicans in hell? They jumped the border

What's a Mexican's favorite sport? Cross country

1 comment: