Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

HEATWAVE in Cape Town

Oh my god. This is officially the hottest it has ever been. Ever. In the whole world. No country has ever experienced temperatures this high. Have you actually tried to sleep in this unbearable sauna of a city? I tried. Three nights in a row I tried. I ended up sleeping with nothing on, with my head the wrong side of the bed so that I could feel the small puffs of 'wind' generating from my pathetically tiny desk fan I have clipped on the table opposite my bed. I can't bring it any closer as there isn't a plug. All the useless contraption was actually doing was pushing hot air straight into my face. And keeping my bedroom door open merely meant that heated air was cascading through my room bringing with it families of mosquitos, who happily settled on my ankles and wrists to feed. Yes, it was an unpleasant evening. I wish we didn't have to wear clothes to work. Actually I wish we didn't have to work. I'm tired... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment