Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's been a while

I haven't written in a while. Probably because I've been trying to keep myself frightfully busy. When everyone else seems to be swamped with plans I feel a strong need to also fill up my schedule till it's teeming with sports, drinks, dinners, movies... Whatever I can squeeze in there really. So that's my next few days. And excited about it I sure am. 

I saw Burlesque last night, which was simply spectacular. Lights, sequins, razzle and dazzle. But it left me sad at my pathetic lack of performing talent and long-lost love of the stage. I drove home with a strong desire to find a stunningly sequined, very revealing, boob-lifting eye-catching barely-covering-anything outfit, and a feather headdress, grab a chair (to dance around, obviously) and burst into song in a crusty pub. I considered The Slug & Lettuce on Greenpoint Main Road, but by the time I'd driven home from Newlands to Seapoint I had exhausted myself with all the planning as to how I was going to become a world renowned solo Burlesque dancer, and have Christina Aguilera as my best mate. 

Tonight I am going to Wakame. For a change. (blatent sarcasm)... It's definitely a weekly outing for me. Well, in summer. But that's because it's fabulous in summer. A deck, cocktails, the sea, sun... And it's also about 10 steps from my front door. Yes, I'm lazy. But also, petrol prices have shot through the roof... so I'll keep organising dinners there until someone realises the true reasoning behind my planning!

I hope you're all coming to the Cape Town Tens this weekend. Apart from a massive beer tent teeming with whopping big jocks, there are great bands and real live famous rugby players actually walking around as if it's their backyard. So I'll be there, Hunters in hand, stalking sportsmen. Oh yes, I'll be watching my boyfriend play too.

Hope it cools down a bit. At this rate I'll be pissed after one drink and prob try steal the mic (and the stage) and finally whip out my hidden bonafide Burlesquian moves... The thought makes me cringe. But it could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment