Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Brand Spankin' New

Right, as you may have guessed - I'm new to this. This whole blogging thang. But I tend to while away my days at the office reading so many other blogs I thought why not create my own? Hopefully I can be as witty as the ones I frequent daily. No pressure.

I'm starting off in a miserable week and am on a massive holiday comedown. I can't get out of bed but I also can't fall asleep, and am knocking back Essentiale by the dozen as an sincere apology to my liver. 

Luckily I believe the majority of the population is in the same space, which helps. But I have this strong feeling of resentment towards any friends of mine that are still on holiday and I have been deliberately ignoring their phone calls. Is that normal? Or just childish? I'm okay with childish.

My boss just made me tea in her new tea maker that her boyfriend gave her for Chirstmas... You can put in a bunch of herbs and they infuse. This has made me happy. And it has brought new excitement into my life to find out that she has new flavours for each day of the week. A reason to come in to work at last...

I'm not ready for a quiet night in. I think I'm going to go out for dinner and maybe have a very small glass of wine. Or three. At my favourite spot in Cape Town, on the sea, and enjoy this beautiful weather. Which, incidentally, started the very day I got back to work. I mean honestly, not a single ray of sunshine the entire festive season... The whole country is looking for someone to blame. 


Hope to see you back here! Byee

No comments:

Post a Comment