Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's great when you finally find someone who accepts you for you...

How many text messages are you allowed to send someone before it's deemed 'uncool'?
Or better yet: how long do you need to be going out with someone until you can send them as many texts as you want in a row and it won't matter? 

With my boyfriend still overseas, at times I miss him uncontrollably and want to tell him about all the little things in my day or about my irrevocable love for him.

But yesterday I completely disregarded the fact that he was on the slopes and would only see him phone when he got home late in the evening. He arrived back last night (after apres ski, dinner, more apres ski...) to a total of 14 texts revealing how much I miss him, love him, wish he was on the promenade with me, wish he was watching TV with me, wish he was brushing his teeth with me, wish he was reading his book with me, wish he was lying in bed with me... (you get the gist).

Frantic suddenly that he might realise he was going out with a monomaniacal madwomen I lay in bed, eyes like saucers, body rigid in anticipation, until midnight when he finally rang. 

With a small, reassuring giggle he simply said: I love you too, Darling.

PHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment