Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekendmania

Wow! If that wasn't a big weekend then I don't know what was. If anyone went to the L'Ormarins Queen's Plate then you'll know just what I'm talking about. By the end of the day I'd started to think I could no longer see colour and was perhaps living in Pleasantville – I had to remind myself that blue and white was just a theme, not permanent eye damage from the bottomless Champagne we were served in The Stud Club. Pink bubbly, free gourmet nosh, bowls of biltong, Lindts and brownies were the order of the day, as were my two wins on the spectacular equine beauties – Nysean Bolt and Mother Russia. Unfortunately such victories meant more Champagne preceeding a blurred, yet excellent, performance by Locnville. I heart those boys and their extraordinary talent. So much so that I deemed it appropriate to stalk them for the remainder of the evening.

Not sure how I got there but it was a wonderful feeling to finally fall into bed that night. Needless to say I stayed there until Monday morning. I think I'm off the booze for a while... 

(The only positive outcome to Saturday's inebriation was that my boyfriend – who is still away cruising the slopes of Austria – was so worried he almost caught a flight home as a result of my total incoherence. I may have to try this again.)

TIPS FOR TODAY
Great hangover cure 
Willoughbys' Spicy Creamy Rock Shrimp Tempura on Spicy Maki Roll

Great sundowner drinks
Sky Bar in De Waterkant

Great cool-me-downs
Vida's new mango and strawberry frios

No comments:

Post a Comment