Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Back to school, back to reality...

Step Daddy went out yesterday and purchased himself a pair of green skinny jeans. Considering he has also lost so much weight recently (manorexia), Mother now officially calls him The Chive. Tried to call her this morning but no answer, 2 minutes later I get a text:

'Can't answer. The Chive still sleeping.'




Anyway, so am back from New York! 

I couldn't write this week... Jet lag encompassed all. By day, I had to staple open my eyes from exhaustion. By night I was full of beans, cartwheeling round my flat and talking to myself. Day 5 and I finally slept and today feel like I'm on some sort of yellow brick road to normality (yes, I saw Wicked on Broadway). I think my brain was in overdrive from processing all the sights, sounds, colours, excitement and Dom Perignon of NYC.




Jet lag does bad things to good people. On Monday I reversed into somebody's car. On Tuesday I took two sets of pain killers because I forgot I'd taken the first set. On Wednesday I watched the same episode of The Lying Games three times before I realised they were quite similar. Yesterday I spoke to a friend for 2 minutes before I realised who it was.

This morning, someone at work asked me if I was still jetlagged since I'd been playing and singing along to Christmas music all week? I had to explain that that wasn't actually out of the ordinary for me.

So this is just a quick note to say:

 WELCOME HOME TO MEEEEEE

I am finally hitting the town tonight with all my girls. I refused to embrace the Mother City until I'd got NYC out of my system. So bring it ON!

I leave you with some further snapshots of New York! Start spreading the news...

 Circle Line Cruise round the Statue of Liberty
 Views from my friend's apartment
 Leaping for joy (in my new blue heels)
 Central Perk... I mean Park!
 Just because I have such a cool camera
 Took a Broadway Jazz class here!
  Saw this!
 Night out on the town.
Empire State Building

No comments:

Post a Comment