Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Keeping it wheel...


After a delicious steak dinner at the V&A's Den Anker last night, we went on Cape Town's Wheel of Excellence! I was having a fab, laid-back time giggling at Lovely Boyfriend (who out of nowhere admitted to mild vertigo – even though this has never come into play on the ski lifts – and he began to produce a small but very prominant SULA (Sweat upper Lip Alert)), when the big, ugly manager man in the box (cool job... not) signalled for me to take my feet off the chair. Well that ruined it for me. I was no longer comfortable and felt like I was under surveillance. I noticed there was a VIP gondola dangling in front of us. For R1000! What the hell is in that thing? Bottomless Champagne, jacuzzi, buffet and butler? There better be, because anyone who is willing to fork out that much (as opposed to the standard R80 per adult for 4 rounds) should be given at least 3 days on that thing with only the best treatment. Anyway, it was fun. A bit romantic. Glad I can say I've done it.

My very very rich godfather (a big thank you to my parents) from the UK is in Cape Town. And wants to take me out for dinner. I realised the true greatness of this when he asked me to pick a 'good' restaurant with a seaview. Of course, I must live up to the exceptional standards that he is used to, so I spent a good two thirds of my morning looking up the best and most expensive restaurants in Cape Town. I have settled on The Roundhouse as have always wanted to go but, with my finances, would probably only be able to afford a palate cleanser. Very much looking forward to it.
Have signed for my new flat and am going for a romantic night away this weekend. And tonight am hanging out with friends with chinese food and movies after a good tap class. Life couldn't be better really. Unless someone maybe delivered a freezocino to my desk...

No comments:

Post a Comment