Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Home Sweet Homeward Bound


So I'm off home to Jo'burg this long weekend. Aside from the fact that I am sh–t scared of that place – I tend to drive round in utter fear, expecting someone to bust through my window with a brick at every traffic light – I am really looking forward to being home and having a much-needed reprieve from gorgeously sunny but dizzyingly active Cape Town. I have a brilliant big homely home in Houghton, an awesome boxer and an even more awesome family. Of course, being the tres efficient person I am, I have already organised some dance classes to go to at Dance Junxion and planned a few lunches and drinks with friends (checking out The Attic in Parkhurst on Sunday eve) – my mother is not at all pleased with my numerous, fixed plans and keeps reiterating that she was flying me home merely for 'family time' and not to meet up with every person I've ever known. My step dad has, as usual, stocked the fridge with Hunters Dry – a sweet little gesture he does every time. And Mum buys Woolies muesli rusks, mint tea and fills the fridge with avos, hummus and sweet chilli sauce – key additions to my every meal. Now all I need is a haircut, maybe a few new items of clothing and perhaps a few expensive toilettries. Will see what I can wangle...

Had an absolutely stunning weekend and got to watch lovely lovely boyfriend complete (in excellent timing) the Argus. You may have spotted me: I was the hungover, screeching lunatic at the finish line wearing my thick-rimmed purple reading glasses (was really worried I might miss him since I have the eyesight of a fruitbat. But it was either that or a squinting idiot), waving frantically at him, beaming with pride, as he passed by looking more attractive than ever in his flourescent yellow, sweat-filled Rawsons kit. We then proceeded (take note: on a Sunday) to drink solidly in celebration for the next four hours at Doppio Zero. Was such a great vibe, swarming with prawns, vibrant outfits, overjoyed faces and plenty of Hunters Dry (my one true weakness). Needless to say my Sunday ended earlier than usual...

My lack of posts over the last two weeks is a result of me having an abnormal amount of work. Hopefully I'll be posting more regularly over the next few days. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment