Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

'The universe may not always play fair, but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humour'


Wooooo. I have knees again! And can finally walk around without looking like I was dropped on my head as a child. And I didn't even realise they were better until I was unconsciously rocking out (as I do) on the elliptical trainer to Christmas tunes (too early?) at full speed ahead, backwards, forwards, sideways, upside down... then pumping iron, and I came out sweating and pain-free! And – for the first time in 3 months – I felt like I'd actually had a proper workout, rather than a stroll round my living room. I sure showed my knees a thing or two.

Mind you, after two excruciatingly painful injections... if they weren't feeling better by now someone would've had to answer to... my dad (I generally try and avoid confrontation) ---> Dad is furious after funding my knees, and he shouted down the phone last week: 'Why not just get a new bloody pair. It'll probably cost the same!' Poor physio and surgeon got the brunt of my frustration. My liver got the rest. As a result, have had healthy week of early nights, no alcohol, lots of exercise, lots of being lost in thought (aka being antisocial), and lots of fish and vegetables – who knew that the cost of a microscopic slither of salmon (about enough to satisfy a small fruitbat) was directly proportional to my monthly electricity bill. Needless to say I now eat with the lights off.


Weekend awaits... As done my couch and Season 4 of Sex and the City (by now you must've realised that I'm having an affair with the SATC boxset). Am saving and keeping healthy. Plus I have the energy levels of a brussel sprout. I'm that boring person this weekend, with takeaway boxes strewn round the house, eyes glued to the tele, hanging on to Carrie Bradshaw's every last word...

A few SATC quotes to take into the weekend with you:

“I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but we feel naked in public without it. ”

“After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh."

“I like my money where I can see it, hanging in my closet.”

“Do any of you have a completely unremarkable friend or maybe a houseplant I could go to dinner with on Saturday night?”


“The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don’t. But, in the end, they’re the people you always come home to. Sometimes it’s the family you’re born into and sometimes it’s the one you make for yourself.”


“Maybe you’re only alloted a certain amount of tears per man; and I’ve used mine up.”


Charlotte: “How are you gonna swallow all those?” [referring to Samantha’s handful of pills]
Samantha: “Have we met?”


"Will you please not use the f-word in Vera Wang?"

Miranda: "After years of odd men, God is throwing me a bone." 
Carrie: "And possibly a boner as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment