Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

From cramp and carbs to cocktails, cruises and champers...

First thing I was asked this morning when I limped into the office was why I was walking like a constipated elderly. I chose to ignore the invasion and proceeded to my desk, where I popped a couple of Mypaids to ease the muscular constriction! I got a terrible fright when my phone rang this morning at 7am, and my sudden movement (in response to the alarming cacophonous Chris Daughtry ringtone) caused my overworked calves to seize up and go into an unbearable cramp. Good GOD it was sheer agony! I lay wincing with pain for a good 30 seconds until they had released and relaxed. The good thing is I can really feel the hard work I did last night – was a pretty challenging class. Anyone interested in ballet, pop into a trial class at the Cape Ballet Centre. It's not a walk in the park. It's hell in a studio. But really great!

So I have been on a health binge this week. Unfortunately I have had to force myself (with great difficulty) to give up freezocinos because not only were they costing me about a 12th of my salary per month, but they are also not great for my skin or weight, or blood sugar. Health streak going well – four day's clean (of freezos), daily exercise, lemon water in the mornings (apparenty it cleanses the body, clears the skin and boost metabolism), lots of water, veges, fruit, and only morning carbs. I am already seeing results. Unfortunately I shall be dismantling all my hard work this Saturday, starting from 11.30am. My friend's 30th birthday weekend will be going something like this:


We arrive at the Ambassador Hotel in Bantry Bay (Cape Town) at 10.30am (might try squeeze in  early-morn gym sesh to reduce guilt) only to be put on a shuttle to the Waterfront where we will board the Nautilus Luxury Yacht for a 3-hour cruise complete with free Champagne, food platters and an onboard jacuzzi. We then disembark and return to the Ambassador for a Peroni party by the pool where there is free food, a free cocktail and (obviously) a free Peroni. I might have to trade this Peroni with my boyfriend for a bottle of Champagne. I'm sure he won't mind. That evening we dress up and attend a formal cocktail party at the Salt Vodka Bar where there is, once again, free bubbly, and platters of delicious eats. We then spend the night at the hotel and wake up to a mouth-watering hotel buffet spread the next morning.


I don't think I've ever been this excited. A little nervous too since, in hindsight, we are basically drinking and eating consistently from 11:30 in the morning... Bubbles, gourmet cuisine, jacuzzi, hotel suites... 

Health streak, what health streak?!

If I actually make it into my cocktail dress, let alone get to the cocktail party, I'll be pretty nothing short of impressed. Might even have to toast to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment