Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Under my umbrella...

I'm alive! No one worry. I'm safely back in Cape Town. No bricks through windows, no driveway highjackings, no streetside muggings. I made it through unscathed. But, unfortuantely I brought back the shitty weather that I endured all weekend in the City of Gold. But hey, my new pink winter beanie is more than fashionable, and is the snuggest, most awesome thing I've ever thrown away cash on. So am sporting it everywhere I go to bring some colour and happiness to this ghastly mood-dampening meteorology.


 This week is great because I have nothing in store, which means a little 'me' time – everyone needs that now and again, right? Plus it's the end of the month so am hanging by a short frayed thread until payday Friday. So a few tins of sweetcorn and some TV nights in should do the trick. Maybe a bottle of Champagne or three. 

There's always a great, heart-warming feeling when you've been at home with family for the weekend. Firstly, it's great leaving at the end of it – you always appreciate your independence more than when you arrived! (This was particularly relevant to me this weekend when we were leaving to go out for Sunday lunch and my Mother decided I could not and would not, even if my life depended on it, leave the house in the 'dreadful' sweater I was wearing. Apparently it was grubby and stretched (er, totally stylish). I, naturally, threw a tantrum, but when I realised I was holding everyone up I was forced to go upstairs and change. Much to my boiling annoyance.) 

But secondly – that feeling of being loved and cared for and having that closeness with people who would do anything in the world for you is comforting and reassuring. It means a weekend of letting go, feeling secure, and being looked after. Everyone should be allowed this once in a while. It's important to recognise and cherish the love that's available to you.


 Before I go all sentimental on you (vom), I'm going to go get my muesli as, in my utter excitement of landing back in the Mother City last night, I totally forgot to get me some grub and my tums has been growling angrily at me all morning. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment