Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Moon-Gag



Am jiggling in my desk chair after looking at these U2 concert photos from Joburg... Yes, I am going on Friday!! I'm so excited I could perform a flick flack across the office. I have even negotiated to get my ass out of work early so I can stand in this rumoured god-forbideen queue that is apparently going to begin on Thursday night. If this is the case then (with me arriving at 4/4:30) I might be able to join the back of it somewhere past Khayelitsha! 

When I told my Mother I was going to the concert, she showered me in a multitude of questions and concerns. But the one that got me laughing the most was, "Darling, you MUST wear a moonbag!" A mooooooooonbag?!?!?!?!? I get that she's worried about pickpocketers but who actually owns a moonbag. It got me laughing even more when I Googled 'moonbag' (to find a picture for this post) and found that in the States it is referred to as a 'fanny pack'. I'm actually still laughing. 

Emailed Mum this morning to tell her I'd rang the 1960s and ordered a sexy fanny pack just for the show. Thinking I was being serious, she begged for a piccie so I sent her this and promised that, after the concert, it's all hers...

She's delighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment