Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The good, the bad and the romantic

So yesterday this is what happened to me in the space of 20 minutes during my lunch break: 

I was in a huge hurry so I attempted to squeeze my little Yaris (aka Batman) into the pathetically miniscule parking space in Wembley Square, which is always free owing to the fact that no one can actually fit a normal-sized car in there. I should've taken stock of the multiple scratch marks already ingrained in the corresponding pillar, but it was too late and I knocked my wing mirror, leaving a deep gash in it. 

Hugely irritated and rushing to get back to work in time I raced inside to purchase my favourite muffin from Vida (which, incidentally, they didn't have, much to my annoyance). In my hurry I slid along the newly polished floor and lost hold of my Blackberry, which flew into a wall, consequently leaving a long scratch/crack down the screen. 

Now vastly frustrated I got to the Vida counter only to knock over the entire display of mini ice-cream tubs (in my rush to pull money out my wallet), which come tumbling down in a heap around me and led Wembley's sophisticats to gaze and gasp in my direction. 

Wanting to escape the public eye, my face now red with fury, I grabbed a muffin I didn't even want and ran out. Just to make matters a little worse I had a fight with my doctor's secretary on the way back to the office who insisted she had faxed me a prescription; however, on the three different fax numbers I had given her to try, I had received nothing. She said she couldn't be bothered to try anymore so I said, 'Well then I can't be bothered to pay you!' She said she'd try again.


After such a tumultuous day, it was nice to work off my anger with a rip-roaring gym sesh followed by a delicious Woolies dinner (wow - roast chicken loaf stuffed with pesto and feta) on the couch. We thought we'd watch Black Swan and see what all the fuss was about. Seeing as I dance and dancing is my favourite thing in the whole world I had been looking forward to seeing it but was warned against watching it on my own since it was 'quite intense' (direct quote). QUITE????!! I've never been so shit scared in my whole life. Whenever a terrifying or gory part came on my boyfriend and I took out his iPhone and played with his new DJ application (really good fun, you can spin vinyls and play with all the effects!). To say it was a 'good' movie doesn't feel right. It's deep and psychologically thrilling but disturbing. Portman is excellent considering the part she was given but it left me on edge and feeling kind of anxious and disorientated. Boyfriend managed to catch me on camera mid scream:



Good news is, this week is only getting better and better. Tonight I am being taken on a date. A suprise date I'll have you know. I LOVE dates. Apart from the fact that I had to ask to be taken on said date, I am still really really looking forward to it. And it should be a good warm up for Valentine's Day's date! Now, what to wear?!

Every year as we approach Valentine's Day I start feeling hopelessly romantic. Anyway – am hoping tonight, or next Monday (whichever really) will end up something like this, except on a beach:


And then, of course, there is Breede River this weekend. Whoopeeeeee. Given my love of dance and new ballet inspiration after watching evil, tormenting Black Swan, I have decided to use this to spruce up my already artful skills as a water skier, which should end up something like this:


It will probably be after a couple of drinks, so how long my swanlike ski stance will last we'll have to wait and see. The guy on the left will be lovely boyfriend, gazing in awe and envy at my dainty delicate frame (maybe not so much after a plate of braai food) and outstanding abilities on a pair of skis.

Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment