Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A (not so) Jolly Robo-Olly


So what I thought was shaping out to be an invincible body part... those poor, unfortunate knees of mine are right back at square one after a measely 12-minute run.

Initially, thinking it was just temporary strain, I gave good ol' knee surgeon a buzz.

Doc: Hi Olive
Olive: Doc! So I was running... er, and now my knees are sore again. Should I just ice 'em and hold off for a day or two?
Doc: Are you experiencing serious pain, or just discomfort?
Olive: Well the serious pain is pretty discomforting.
Doc: So there is serious pain?
Olive: I would go with 'a rhythmic throbbing'. I wince if I walk too fast. I'm sure it's nothing.
Doc: That's bad. Let's get you in for an MRI. Might be a cartilage problem that is causing your tendonitis to recoccur and not heal, and a bla bla bla bla bla could cause a bla bla bla and I think we should check your bla bla bla and shave off a bla bla bla (knee jargon)....
Olive: MRI? Cartilage? ARE YOU GOING TO SHAVE OFF MY LEG??!?!
Doc: Yes, shall we schedule an amputation for Thursday 2pm?
Olive: I'll amputate your face.
Doc: You ask me that everytime! Now look after yourself until I see you.
Olive: K... (sad face)
Doc: No dancing.
Olive: K... (even sadder face)
Doc: And no heels!!!

Olive: Well there goes my social life.

Have requested application form for bionic knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment