Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

The very heart of it


Yes, unfortunately that is me. The biggest knock-knee'ed over-zealous spread-legged co-ord ever to stay up on two skis. And beaming with self-pride, of course (evident from raised victory arm)...

The only problem is I am now unrealistically stiff. Obviously my very strict (and highly advanced) daily gym routine has done bugger all for me, since today it actually hurts to breathe too deeply. I'm thankful, however, that I didn't perform a very-painful-looking face plant like my friend in her attempts to get up on a wake board (she also referred to each attempt as a new round of enemas!). It certainly did 'wake' her up, so there's one literal meaning to the sport.

So it was a great weekend full of booze, braai, watersports and a lot of laughing in Breede, but I'm happy to be back in a insect- and boerewors-free environment, with clear tap water. After three washes, I finally managed to remove the small family of wildlife that had taken up residence in my hair.

And today is one of my favourite days of the year (I'm sure you can all tell from the fuchsia-coloured font), partly because I'm a hopeless romantic (much to my boyfriend's dismay) but also due to the fact that until two years ago I'd never been hitched on this dreamy day of hearts and love and spent each one in a restaurant inhaling chocolate opposite my mother, surrounded by sickeningly loved-up couples snogging incessantly between courses. 


Here are some piccies to get you in the V-day Vibe...





And with that: A Happy Valentine's Day to all, and to all a hot-date night...

Ps - Hope everyone is wearing red in support of the Heart Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment