Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Samoosa Stranger


2am. Sunday morning. Ears ringing with Avicii. Eyes blinded by strobes. Just wanted a warm cosy bed. A pair of socks. A clean face. Was that too much to ask?

Finally jumped into friend's car only to discover that we were actually taking a 'quick trip' to the Engen so friend can purchase chicken burger. The idea of food was actually not so upsetting... Grabbed me an Energade and stumbled through the aisles poking packets of nosh, deciding what was going to hit the spot.

And then... all of sudden... I saw them.
Glistening beneath the harsh Woolworth's lighting.

Crispy.
Warm.
Godlike.

A sign read 'GIANT SAMOOSA'. And GIANT they were. They were like bloody Bermuda Triangles!

'Two, please!' I slurred to the lady, already sipping on my unpaid-for Energade.

Friend in queue for Steers flirting with anything with facial hair, so I went to the car to start my samoosa banquet. As I bit into the first gorgeous triangle of heaven, a totally random dude (never seen him in my life) appeared out of nowhere, opened the door and leapt into the car seat next to me.

'That's food poisoning right there!' he says, pointing at my samoosas.

And then he got out.

Just like that. 

WTF?!?!

I looked at the pool-rack-sized specimen in my hand. It suddenly looked like dog food in deep fried face.

I threw them out the car. We drove home.
Me snuggling my Energade.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment