Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Santa's Workshop

Er, ya. That's me. But contrary to what you are thinking (where can you buy a Lurpak apron too?), I actually did learn something on my 'Festive Cooking' course. I learnt that you shouldn't BBM while watching the cooking demonstration. I also learnt that Woolies now sells Mulled Wine. And that it's very difficult to de-skin a chicken (turkey) after 4 D-cup sized glasses of it.

But Oh My Santa's Sack I was just SO EXCITED to have Mulled Wine again (haven't had it since I left London over two years ago) – it's such a British Christmassy thing. All I needed was a brown bag of roasted chestnuts and some carol singers and my Carnaby Street Christmas Eve would've been complete. After my third refill the guy decided it best to just put the whole jug in front of me.

Four hours later, Vivi&Lola and myself arrive at the dining table (late  – we had a very temperamental chicken (turkey) who refused to let go of its skin... he was obviously pretty uptight when he died), maroon-stained lips, gravy-splashed tops, with a fabulous-looking Christmas main course:


Safe to say it was delicious. We didn't catch salmonella. And we are still awaiting calls requesting our culinary expertise in Christmas Party catering. Maybe we gave out the wrong number....?

Unfortunately we were focusing so hard on finding 'Paul the wine guy' while cooking, we can't for the life of us remember how we made the stuffing. Or what went under the chicken (turkey) skin. And what was that on the cauliflower again?

Dins was followed by scrumptious Christmas puddings of Mince Pies and Christmas Trifle...



Definitely do this course next year if you live in CT! And don't worry, I left a note in the suggestion box (which I made myself out of an old Disprin box) recommending they play Christmas music and hand out compulsory Santa hats on arrival.

A cracker of an evening ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment