Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"It was like magic!"

So we were sitting at the table on Sunday – a lovely long Sunday lunch at River Cafe. Me and my British people. Drinking rosé, nomming steak and chips, enjoying the sunshine. These kind of afternoon distractions are good for me at the moment. 

Well, wine is a good distraction. 

Anyhoo...

So the conversation was flowing (as was the wine), when suddenly someone exclaimed:

"Did you know there was a Magic School in Cape Town?"

My eyes turned to saucers.


Olive: "WHAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?"


Immediately my head was filled with broomsticks, enchanted ceilings, bearded wizards, charms classes, defence against the dark arts lessons, talking paintings, wands, capes, quills and chocolate frogs... when:

"Jess, a school for magicians. Like David Copperfield. Not a Hogwarts."

"Duh. I knew that."

Whoops.

My bad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment