Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Puff the magic pastry!

I literally have developed a new obsession with cooking. It all started with that Christmas cooking course. Then the Indian one. Am about to whip out my beret and embark on a French one. And who knows what will come next! Unfortunately since my kitchen was made for ants, I have to cook at friend's houses. But I've noticed friends don't often say no to my requests to come and cook them dinner in their kitchen.

Anyway my top ingredient at the moment is puff pastry. It's just so bloody versatile. And delicious. And crispy. And buttery.

So, considering a.) my infatuation with puff-pastry recipes and b.) my current cooking fad, you can imagine my sheer delight and potentially dangerous overexcitement when work asked us to make this ----->


It was from a cookbook that was sent to the office and they decided each person should make a recipe. Naturally I teamed up with Vivi&Lola and we got straight to the task that Saturday, after popping open a bottle of Beyerskloof Brut Rose. We like to use bubbly when we cook. Occasionally, like today, we add food. Here was the result...


Not half bad right? Pretty spot on even though I say so myself!

Once the photoshoot was over I totally kitted mine out "Jolly Olly style", smothering it with layers of avo and sweet chilli, turned it into the ultimate finger-licking-good to-die-for mess on a plate:

Oh. So.
DELICIOUS!

Anyhooo, in other puff pastry news...

My second masterpiece for the week:


Yes, I like some pastry with my garlic butter.

Break it open and what do you get??

True happiness! Roasted butternut, bacon, feta and mushrooms.

Heaven heaven heaven.

Now, anyone looking to buy a bathroom scale? I'm trying to get rid of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment