Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

*Coldplay*Coldplay*Coldplay*


So it looks like we'll be heading back for Round 2 of injections. Fabulous. Wooopppeeeee. Am ecstatic.

NOT.

Still recovering from the extreme trauma of the first one, and now to have it again in the other knee!! It took so much out of me (on top of 7 tubes of blood), am going to have to spend the next few weeks building up my stamina again.

How to do that?

"REST!" says Mum, Surgeon, friends, and every other person I've ever met.

I had to look 'rest' up in the dictionary this morning. Something about 'putting your feet up... not going out...' Sounds absurd. But it's come at a good time since every man and his dog is going to Rocking The Daisies this coming weekend, leaving me alone in Cape Town. What am I supposed to do? Sit home and knit?! Hoping it's warm enough so that I can go 'rest' on the beach. Or in a bar, whatever...

Summer is on its way and I'm not allowed to exercise (bar cycling). Am still carrying lots of winter wobbly bits due to hot chocolate overindulgence – this calls for emergency tactics: an additional cycling session a day starvation. Need to start saving for Christmas presents anyway.

Was a lovely weekend. The most exciting part was when I finally bought the pair of pink skinny jeans from Forever New that I have been eyeing for a stupid amount of time. I have wanted pink skinny jeans since 2009. So you can imagine my elation. I proceeded to wear them the entire weekend and now have hastily shoved them in the wash so they're ready for Coldplay on Wednesday. They are so hot I'm half expecting Chris Martin to spot them in Golden Circle and hoist me and my pants up on stage. I think they'd fall off if he even just looked at me. Ah the rich and famous... I want one.

Below is the song I am most excited for, but during which will also probably have a little drizz due to the memories it holds. Luckily I don't think I'm the only one when it comes to Coldplay songs who might shed a tear or four.

I was actually at this concert – it was the Brit Awards 2009. Yes, I got a press ticket, and yes I went alone. And yes, I finished the free press Champagne in the first 25 minutes:


No comments:

Post a Comment