Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck" ~ Emma Goldman

Am having some sort of [slightly unhinged] impassioned flower moment today.

(You may have noticed my abundance of floral quotes on Twitter. I must apologise for that.)

I was out getting my standard Monday night meal (a plate of fresh veges in an attempt to counteract the weekend's pizza, freezos and alcohol) at Giovannis last night when I was completely taken aback by the burst of colour scattered exquisitely about the ground just outside. This kaleidoscope of sweet-smelling boons actually made my day. I couldn't afford them (seeing as this month I'm actually scraping together coppers just to buy a  tube of toothpaste), so I stood on the pavement admiring them lovingly for a good 20 minutes, taking photos and ginormous whiffs of the roses, iris' and sweetpeas... Bloomin' lovely. Let's just say my happiness this morning definitely 'stemmed' from that moment. (Sorry, I had to.)

"Where flowers bloom, so does hope."

Spent a good six hours on the beach on Saturday. It didn't feel very hot, so I deemed one layer of SPF 8 sufficient for the full six hours (forgetting the fact that my fragile skin hadn't been exposed to anything but layers of clothing since May). Fail. Left my pallid exterior buried in the sand and arrived at drinks that evening a brilliant shade of scarlet, and inordinately dehydrated. Two drinks down I was burning up and seeing spots, and had to be put to bed covered in wet towels, with a mild case of sunstroke. Had four cold Bio Oil baths on sunday and screamed like a 2-year old if anyone came anywhere near me, let alone touched me. Have gone through three tubs of Body Butter, a tube of 8-Hour Cream, 27 bottles of water (the evidence is strewn about my flat), and am now a platinum blonde... – my highlights get totally aroused in the sun. 

So CrapBerry was out all of yesterday in African, the Middle East and Europe. And here I was convinced that no one liked me anymore. It was a very lonely day. So much so that I got into bed at 7:30pm, since there was no one to talk to. Was startled awake at 11:20 to my phone having its own rave next my bed – a cacophony of shrill tones and vibrations as the day's messages came rolling through. I didn't get up to look... I just rolled over, reassured, and pleased that I really did have friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment