Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Take the leap!

Happy Leap Day/Year to all. I thought it was any ordinary day until I read a tweet by Pongracz saying how lucky we are to have an extra day in the year to make memories, and that we should toast to it. I was going to attempt to be healthy at my braai tonight and forgo alcohol, but how could I ignore such an optimistic life-enhancing zealous tweet. So purchased a bottle of bubbles at lunch and am ready to jump this hump day.

So I went to this shoe shop today to fetch my favourite favourite sandals in all the world. My little gorgeous pink babies from Aldo have lasted me 3 years. I have walked them to hell and back, wearing them from everything to festivals, weddings, beaches, volcano climbing (yes, I did that once), promenade walks and Tiger Tiger. Last week, those poor lovely things, finally (I knew it was coming), literally snapped in half.

I was recommended a shoe shop. I took them to there. I paid a hefty amount and what I picked up this morning made my jaw drop...

What was a beautiful, thin beige sole, was now a revoltingly thick, heavy, flip-flop-type black rubber sole, which I am convinced was constructed out of an old car tyre. My delicate, exquisite sandals now resemble the frightening offspring of a croc and a strop. Any hope of wearing them to the wedding this Saturday has been dashed. If I dance too fast they'd melt. I'd have grip on an ice rink in those things. Anyone need a giant eraser? Tyre patch? A ping-pong bat?

F***

At least I won't ever be struck by lightening..

Tonight's bubbly is gonna go down even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment