Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Birthday bum

It was my biiiiiiiiiirthday yesterday!!! I turned the wrong side of 25... It's all downhill from here. Thirty is around the corner and I don't think there's any fending it off. Woke up to discover a very small but very real wrinkle in the centre of my chest, made all the more visible by the early-morning light... Went into cardiac arrest, then promptly raced to chemist, purchased a bottle of Bio Oil and proceeded to pour its entire contents on to my chest for rapid ageing relief. I now keep it in my handbag as a threat to any emerging signs of impending 30s.

Had a great present opening session in the morning... Seems someone enjoyed it even more than I did:





Once we managed to untangle Lyla from all the pretty ribbon, I got up and dressed in all my new Zara attire... At which point memories from the previous night's antics came flooding back in bits and bobs:
  • Squeezing 6 people into one car...
  • Pulling party poppers at Kitima and causing a bomb scare.
  • Almost setting friend's hair on fire due to overexcitement with a sparkler.
  • Drinking both of these:
  • Being serenaded 'Happy Birthday' by friend at midnight to her iPad guitar.
Head hurt but was off to breakfast with a special someone so showered away the bubbly and hit the road. Scone with jam and cream = perfect remedy, and ideal start to my happy birthday. Can eat more in summer since tummy no longer asphyxiated by skinny jeans, but can now breathe freely beneath flowing floral dress.



Up next, lunch at Manna Epicure. Proceeded to order lovely bottle of pink bubbles to match new coral dress and new pretty pink-gold Micheal Kors watch – which by the way was without a doubt the best present I got overall... and I bought it for myself!! Naturally...



Moving on... Now an egg on legs, decided to try work off at least one crouton from my XXXL Caesar salad, so went for stroll on the promenade, then dashed home to get ready for event number 3, and dragged my lethargic now-double-hungover self to Wakame for drinks with friends.

Exquisite evening, except when new dress blew up and exposed lacy knickers to a humoured audience on the Wafu deck. At least they matched the new wedges. 

Ended the evening with a dinner at Sotano with 19 girls. More pressies, more bubbly, more cake and more laughter meant a VERY Jolly Olive indeed last night as I passed out amidst a mass of wrapping paper, ribbons and flowers. Woke up with face stuck to birthday card... still smiling. Fabulous day. Thanks to all who made it so special. You know who you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment