Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Screams, sweets and sequins


Watched the scariest movie of my life last night. Literally. And I suggested it! Told the boys – Dog and Skeet – I'd had enough of cars, spies and hot chicks in leather, that they needed to man up and watch a thriller. En route home from Simply Asia and DVD store, decided we needed something for the nerves (pudding). The tequila shop was closed so bought a tub of sour sweets from Woolies. There was enough sugar at the bottom of the tub for 17 cups of tea. Those things should come with a free dentist appointment. 

Got home, snuggled with boys under big sheep-skin blanky, tub of potential fillings on my lap and switched on The Strangers. A few minutes in I'd broken into a cold sweat and realised I'd stuffed four sour skateboards and two dolphins into my mouth all at once. After declaring in such confidence that I don't get freaked out by scary movies, refused to show boys I was on the brink on wetting my pants, and that I was imagining getting home later on (to lonesome bachelor pad) only to find murderer with axe banging on the front door. Would have to check back seat for masked blonde chick before I drove home. I pulled the blanket over my eyes whenever said masked murderer appeared on screen. Even let off a piercing scream and begged boys to make it stop. But they were totally into it. Or at least pretending to be. I definitely saw them jump when last night's hurricane katrina caused the windows to rattle violently!

Olive: "Oh my god. I saw a face at the window."
Skeet: "We're on the fifth floor Olive."
Olive: "I heard something in the kitchen"
Dog: "We can see the kitchen. Our flat is open-plan."
Olive: "Oh my god... Did you hear that?!?!?!"
Skeet: "Yes, it's your cellphone."


Whatevs... Bet they were so shit scared when I left that they slept in the same bed. Spooning.


Tonight am sporting sequins and feathers for Burlesque Night at Blakes Bar. Must go easy on the bubbly or may end up stealing someone's corset and busting out a Christina Aguilera-esque number on a bar stool. It's happened before...

BTW - have you heard about the film Constipation? It hasn't come out yet... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment