Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

'Joyeuse Pacques'


Got my mac, wellies, scarves, gloves, hot-water bottle, fleece, beanie and ear muffs at the ready for Jo'burg. Also have my pepper spray, panic button and baton safely stowed in my handbag. I leave Friday morning – finding a lift to the airport proved more difficult than I thought. After asking seven friends who all gave me the same 'I'm going to be too hungover' response, I almost gave up hope.  Then I realised it's best to ask friends who are running the 2 Oceans since they've all been tee total for an unrealistically long time by now – (don't know how they do it). Jo'burg is kicking off to a fab start – with rain and an empty bank account. So until payday am stuck in the confines of my Houghton home listening to the mother rattle on about what an untidy, unkempt, unreliable, irresponsible human being I've morphed into because I've left my bed unmade, my towel on the floor and a coffee mug next to my bed. But when you go home those things are totally meant to be done for you, right? Why else do we go home?!


Am looking forward to Easter. CHOCOLATE!! Easter is like Christmas in my house. CHOCOLATE!! Everyone gets excitedly childish (CHOCOLATE!!), we all go to church and the table is laid with eggs for Africa (I specified in advance that I will eat Lindt bunnies, and only Lindt bunnies). CHOCOLATE!! How EGGciting! However, Mum has decided my brother and I are too old for an Easter Egg hunt this year. Whatever –  'Chocolate is the poor man's Champagne' (Daniel Worona) so I will be hunting inside my step dad's booze cupboard instead. I know he has a stash of French Champagne for special occasions. Just having me home should be special enough, Easter or no Easter!

So one more day of work! Then I only have four days of work till I depart on the longest flight I've ever booked (unfortunately my savings would only cover a flight that made a few stops) to lovely happy London, then on to a distant Turkish Delightful land with Lovely Boyfriend and tanning oil in tow. If I don't get on here before the Easter weekend, Happy Easter to all, and to all an EGGcellent break!

"For I remember it is Easter morn,
And life and love and peace are all new born"  ~Alice Freeman Palmer


No comments:

Post a Comment